New Part Manufacturing for OEM’s
MFG Texas is geared to build custom composite parts that meet the performance demands of wind turbine manufacturers. We have a variety of molding processes including open mold and LRTM to satisfy the performance and cost targets of your production run.
Support for New and Redesigned Parts
A critical piece of providing concept-to-reality service is our newly enhanced in-house capability to produce plugs and molds. This gives you maximum control of your tooling and carves out risk, cost and time from your project.
On the front end of a project, MFG’s in-house design group provides professional engineering staff to support new products and product improvements. From these drawings we can quickly produce prototypes.
Our R&D laboratory can assist you with evaluation of material and process options to determine the optimum solution for your project. We can also support component re-design and engineering changes – bringing to bear the latest material, process and environmental factors.
Blade Edge Protectors
MFG Texas produces a selection of rugged leading and trailing edge cap products to protect wind blades during transport. These include:
- Crane lifting products
- Transport via rail, truck and trailer
- Yard storage tie-downs
These products vary in size to accommodate different blade models and z-locations. Thick carpet provides added protection. The products can be marked with serial numbers or symbols for quick and easy identification and painted per your requirements.
- One – 150 ton hydraulic press
- Two – 165 ton hydraulic presses
- One – MultiCam 7000 Series 3-Axis CNC machine
- One – DMS Model 5B5-6-12-XX/S 5-axis moving gantry CNC router
- One – WardJet Motoman Robot MH50, DX 200 controller, 7-axis system.
- Two – 10 ton bridge cranes
- One – 5 ton bridge crane
- One – KMT RoboTrim
- Curing Oven/Paint Booth -131’ x 12’ x 14’ (L x W x H) up to 180˚ F to improve cure cycles.
- Project Management
- Part Reduction & Consolidation
- Design and Engineering Consultation
- 3-D CAD/CAM
- Pattern Fabrication
- Jig and Fixture Design & Fabrication
- Production Mold Fabrication
- Prototype Development
- On-Site First Article Validation
- Surface Finishes: Painted or Gel-Coated
- Secondary Hardware Integration
- Value-Added Assembly Services